Reading/Writing Task #2: Activity II: 22 August – 2 September

During the past classes I have reflected on several phrases highlighted in the class. These phrases have inspired me to be able to think beyond what is normal and turn around what I have heard and read in class.

International Women's Day 2021: Women in tech | Leeds University Business  School | University of Leeds
Geoffrey Chaucer
August 23, 2022

The first phrase says the following: “What is better than wisdom? Women and what is better than a good woman? Nothing”. This phrase was written by Geoffrey Chaucer, who inspires every woman in a positive way. Sincerely, we, as women, know that we are worth too much and that there is nothing more beautiful than the creation of women in all senses and aspects. We consider ourselves strong, intelligent, mysterious and there is nothing that reaches our feet.

Prologue to the Canterbury Tales in Middle English

In addition, on the other hand, we saw a video which is titled as “Prologue to Chaucer’s The Canterbury Tales”, which talks about a prologue that is being read in a totally different way from what English is today, since it mentions words as they are written and sometimes it seemed that he was speaking in Spanish due to differences in pronunciation.

Las 10 diferencias entre ser inteligente y ser listo
Geoffrey Chaucer
August 25, 2022

The second  phrase that was given in class says the following: “The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people.” It mentions that not all people who tend to be responsible, studious and intelligent, does not mean that they really are, they simply pretend to be that way.

Martin Luther quote: Nothing good ever comes of violence.
Martin Luther
August 29, 2022

Another of the phrases that were mentioned in the past classes was one that Martin Luther said, which says that “Nothing good never comes with violence.” Actually, in my opinion, one does not need to be violent in order to be a good person, one must always demonstrate values ​​and be able to live in empathy and camaraderie.

Mostrando For to die with honor is far better than to live disgraced..jpg
Unknown
August 31, 2022

The fourth sentence says the following: “Because it is better to die with honor than to live in dishonor.” When reading this reflection, several thoughts have come to me which agree with this phrase. And it is that in my thinking I understand and assimilate it in a certain way. Honestly, I prefer to lead a good life, a life in which everyone knows me as a good person, an educated, respectful and intelligent person. I prefer that when I die they know me as one of those people, before they die as a person of a bad temper in all existing senses.

Mostrando A kind heart is like a slow poison for a warrior..jpg.crdownload
Unknown
September 2, 2022

The last sentence says the following: “A kind heart is like a slow poison for a warrior”. When I read this sentence I think that it is very right because a warrior having feelings makes him more sensitive and weak. Nowadays if you are too good with people and you don’t get that same treatment back you feel super bad. Many times we do not realize what we give and we are treated badly and we feel inferior. 

Finally, sometimes it is good to reflect on some things in life. These phrases helped me to be able to get out thoughts that were once in my mind and I didn’t turn those existential thoughts and ideas around.